Do the regulation apply to me?
Regardless, whether you are an employer or self-employed person, you must provide equipment for use at work, or if you have control of the use of equipment, then the Regulations apply to you.
What do the Regulations require me to do?
As an employer, you must ensure that the work equipment you provide meets the requirements of PUWER by ensuring suitability, maintenance and inspection records. Employers must ensure that all associated risks are control by hardware and software measures.
What can I do to reduce the risks?
- Make sure that equipment and machinery is safe.
- Dangerous parts of machinery are controlled by using machine guards.
- Selection of the right controls.
- Machinery and equipment are maintained in a safe condition.
- Provision of instruction, information and training to use work equipment safely.
At Sentry, we have developed a system platform where you can create, manage and edit your equipment inspection schedules. Furthermore, our system will automatically email you when your equipment is due to expire, keeping you compliant.